The 65th Iwate Art Festival Theatre Convention “Beyond 3.11, rehearsed reading”: as a token of appreciation for “SHINSAI Theaters for Japan”
Date 4th November, 2012
Venue: Town Hall, Morioka Theatre
The charity project “Shinsai Theaters for Japan” was held on 11th March, 2012 in more than 70 areas in USA; in response “Shinsai Theatres for Japan in Tokyo
” was held on 5th August. Both of them consisted of series of 19 short scripts related to the earthquake and written by Japanese and American playwrights.
And on 4th November six out of those scripts were rehearsed and read at Morioka City in Tohoku.
1. Hassaku (selection) by Ishihara Nen
performed by Trouble Café Theatre(Iwate)
2. Wind from Northwest by Shinohara Kumiko
Performed by Unit Rabits (Fukushima)
3. A Problem of Blood by Sakate Yoji
Performed by Numayama Hanako, Eto Masaru(Aomori)
4. Child is Father to Man written by Philip Kan Gotanda, translated by Yoshihara Toyoshi
Performed by NakaJo Nobu (Miyagi)
5. A Guide to Japanese Etiquette written by Doug Wright, translated by Tsuneda Keiko
performed by Gekidan Seminar (Iwate)
6. Sayonara II (selection) written by Hirata Oriza
Performed by Produce Team Will Power (Akita)◎ Post-Performance Talk: “Support in the aftermath of the earthquake and theater”
How have the plays created after the earthquake changed or have not changed.
What is the role of theatre in the post-earthquake support? What are the thoughts of the theatre people who are supported?
We will think about the distance of each person between the earthquake-stricken area.
Panelists: Shinohara Kumiko, Hase Hiroichi, Takamura Akihiko, and representatives from each prefecture.
MC: Kuramochi Hiroyuki